Xp recently used programs list

Y

yamaha-98

My recently used programs list has disappeared from the start menu. I have tried everything i know to get it back.I have 2 systems both run xp pro, both have windowblinds installed. I have tried disabling windowblinds, still no good. The second system has no probs with or without windowblinds running. All i can think is maybe a registry entry is missing.Does anyone know which entries control this function.

Any ideas anyone.
thanks

right click the taskbar -> property -> startmenu -> change -> advanced
(could be slight different, translating from dutch ;))

have a look at the dialog, maybe you will find it there.

Originally posted by sboulema
right click the taskbar -> property -> startmenu -> change -> advanced
(could be slight different, translating from dutch ;))

have a look at the dialog, maybe you will find it there.

Thanks, but already tried that,no option there.

On the general tab of Start Menu properties-customize dialogue, you can specify how many programs are displayed in the most frequently used programs list. This is not by chance set to zero?

Set at 4 still ,think its a registry problem, dont know which entries
to check though.

Thanks anyway

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
or
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

If the value for NoStartMenuMFUProgramsList is set to 1 change it to 0.

I tried adding a dword value to both these ,but still wont work.
Im baffled.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
Registry Value:"NoInstrumentation" 0x00000001 (1) Prevents the system from remembering the programs run, paths
followed, and documents used.

No other ideas at the moment.

This is weird, my second system shows the recent used programs list. After searching its registry for "nostartmenumfu........"it does not have this entry anywhere. Both systems have the "noinstrumentation" entry set at "0". Its not a serious problem so it looks like i will have to live with it.

thanks for the help.

wow.. thread resurrection. Matt, in the future, please look at the dates in the threads :) This one is almost 6 years old! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back