XP reboots instead of shutting down

• Thread starter Snappy2Stroke
  • Start date
S

Snappy2Stroke

I don't think this is an XP issue as this machine did the same thing when I had ME running on it.

Whenever I try to shut down it goes through the normal prompts appears to shut off and then almost immediately restarts (like a restart). Here are some specs:
Gigabyte Mom 60EX (I think)
PIII 933
384 meg RAM
60 gig HD
Elsa Geforce 2 GTS
Lite-on 24X burner
Creative Audigy Platinum
640K DSL via a Linksys router

I'm thinking that maybe I screwed up a setting in my BIOS. Either that or the Audigy is causing the problem.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Snappy2Stroke

Try to reset the bios back too the default !

The option is in your bios !!!

:cool:

I have the same problem!

FFS!

I have all the stuff 'APM' etc

Worked on 98, ME and XP, but on this new instal it reboots, how gay!

TRY THIS

Modify auto-reboot setting

Since Microsoft has worked so hard to make this version "the most stable ever," then this tweak is not needed. However, I am fairly sure that they have not perfected millions of lines of code in less than a year. Below you will discover how to turn the auto reboot feature on and off. This allows your computer to instantly reboot upon a system fault. (The blue screen)

Start Regedit.

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control > CrashControl
Select AutoReboot from the list on the right.
Right on it and select Modify.
Change the value to 0 to disable and 1 to enable.
Reboot your computer

I HAD this problem...

I had this problem, when I had a PCI voodoo3 2000. But as soon as I upgraded to my AGP Geforce 2 mx400, it all stopped and fixed it self. PCI, and other add-on cards, have been known to cause problems with this kinda of things.

Still reboots, u actually hear the power snap off but it just doesnt want to die, my Computer must be Skynet of Terminator series :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back