XP Question for someone out there

XpGuy1

Mindless Poster
I have 3 seprate log ons on my machine using xp home and I'd like to take away the access that 2 of the log ins have to INTERNET EXPLORER. I have one adult admin account and 2 child accounts. We also have a DSL connection thru a lynksys router (hence always on) What i would like to do is disable the childrens accounts as far as access to the IE? Can this be done?

Thanks

Thanks,

I think what i want is to stop IE for internet use on my 2 child accounts and to keep it on my adult account. They have access to AOL on a limited basis ..(aol allows you to set time limits) when there time is up you can't get on AOL but with the dsl connection always on you can pop right onto to the internet. its not so much a content thing moreso just not allowing access to the "FULL" internet thru IE they are able to when there access to aol isn't working to just click on the IE icon and go right to the net..

/me thinks mean bad parent;)

/me thinks his parents is always trying 2 get him off the net when all he wants 2 do is play:D

No everything goes thru the dsl connection. I understand about ftp irc im and stuff and even downloading Mozilla.. they really only us the IE when there time is up on the AOL. I know i could be wrong but they might not be smart enough nor would they want me to find out they have downloaded another browser either. I know i could be wrong but the one account belongs to my Sisters kid who comes over from time to time the other is my daughter and she is AOL literate and nothing else. Disabling or deleting the IE icon would probably be enough to deter them for the time being.

another alternative could be to disable the LAN connection and have a shortcut on your desktop, yet not have one on your kid's desktops. that would stop them from getting on (unless they know how to re-enable it?)

that way you can enable it when you need it, and disable it when you dont... although does that disable it for all users? (someone else shine some light on that please?)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back