XP problems

sy64004

OSNN Addict
HI

I know this is not going to sound very technical but, you know when XP boots up and you get the blue thing going from one side to another? well when I first loaded XP it took 3-4 passes before going staight into the desktop. Now it takes 11 and goes to the welcome screen. I tried using bootvis and it was cool for the first boot then it dod the same as all the other times 11-12 passes. I have hardly loaded anthing on it.

My system on the whole has gone to snail pace when i use explorer it takes a few seconds to load up my stuffafter it has searched for it all.

I'm looking to format and start again, but before I do I just wondered if there was anyway of saving all the windows updates, Norton AV updates and registration details and other such stuff to the HD after I start again?
If anyone can sift throught the amateur speak and make any sense out of this and help out I'd be most greatful

Cheers

In answer to your first part of the question, it will always go faster first time around. Mainly because it has less to load but as you install various things and more settings have to be updated on system boot and more things to load upon system boot it will take longer, although admitedly it does seem that 11 is rather excessive.

In answer to your second question, you can use the Corporate update system for Windows which allows users of Windows XP to download all the updates to a specified folder on your hard drive.

The corporate update site is located at:

http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp?corporate=true

Hope that was of some help.

If you dont want it to go to the "wecome screen" and straight to your desktop you can cange it in the control panel under user accounts.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back