XP Pro & WMP

C

CodeyH

Hey all.

Having a problem with XP Pro and Windows Media Player.

After every song I play, there's about a 20 second 'freeze' where it seems all of my system resources are sucked down, and then the next song starts.

here's my system stats.

Pentium 4 1.6Ghz
512 PC-800 Samsung Rambus
64 MB Geforce2 MX 400 AGP
Onboard Sound

Anything else you needa know, holler.. I can't seem to fix this

I have a similiar problem, when I use WMP9 beta with the minimized toolbar option on the taskbar. In this mode WMP will bring up a small box with the track information during the first 5 seconds or so of each song. While my computer is attempting to display this box everything goes incredibly slow. The only way I know to fix it is to not use the WMP toolbar.

get the latest release candidate beta sorted out the problem 4 me

Assuming you are using the official BETA of WMP9, there isn't much to do about this. As the name implies, it is a BETA and it has a lot of optimisation left before the final release. This version also reacts different to each different system, so in CodeyH's case it freezes and in MultiPle3's case it goes very slow.
Part of the BETA test is to optimise the program in such a way, that it runs as smoothly as possible on each system, as long as the system meets the requirements to run the program.
Until then, you just have to deal with it, or you can go to sites as IEBeta.org and sites like that for any newer leaked builds. I don't know what build# the official BETA has, but I am now using build 2903 without any mayor problems now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back