Xp Pro Will Not Let Me Burn On The Fly ?

1) Recommend the CDRW as the master on secondary channel

2) In Device Manager, what speed is your Burner detected at (PIO, UDMA2, etc)

in device manager i cannot find out anything about the writer speed anywhere (dma ect). ??

i have had a look in device manager and the secondary ide channel is on PIO should it be on DMA 2 ??
the primary ide channel is on DMA 5 !!
thanks for all the help again
paul.

a massive thank you to all those who helped me to try and solve this problem, i think i have found it. DREAMLINER77 pointed me in the right direction, i had a look in device manager and then in IDE CONTROLLERS . there is a setting for DMA/PIO and i changed both IDE channels to DMA. i don't even know what PIO is ?
i what DMA is though.
i have just done 5 discs at max speed and NO buffer underun
yippeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this does still does not explain why the settings changed in the first place but who cares its fixed now i hope.
thanks chaps.:D

Windows will slow a device down (to PIO) if it detects too many errors with the device. This could just be a one time thing though. If this happens again and it does not let you change into UDMA mode, do a search of the forums for "PIO" and you will find a couple of threads with registry fixes.

By using third party software, shouldn't ninja geezer just disabled the imapi in the services manager? Imapi makes sure that windows Media player work fine and others bog down. Just a question.

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back