XP Pro Upgrade Issues

D

DarkStar

Re: can't install XP

What's up everyone... This is my first time here at the forum. I hope someone can help me. I'm having a problem installing Xp Pro on my computer. I am currently running XP Home but I would like to change it to XP Pro. I went through the whole steps of Booting from the CD but it will begin to load the proper files but I would get a message stating that the "no hard drive is installed on your system". I did a Hard Drive diagnostic and a Utility diagnostic and everything is running properly. I tried installing again but I keep getting the same message. I have searched your forum for the answer but I have run into a wall and I have run out of options. I really don't want to reformat my drive. This would be my last option. Can anyone help... Thanks

Thread Moved

Sounds to me as if Windows XP Pro doesn't have drivers included for your Hard Drive Controller. Is it a SATA drive, IDE, RAID?

You should try loading drivers for your SATA controller onto a floppy drive, it is more than likely that XP can't see your hard drive because it doesn't have the drivers.

What motherboard do you have?

If you have a built PC, what is the Brand and Model number?

I have a Dell XPS Gen 4 system, I don't know what motherboard it has.

More than likely has a fancy SATA controller, might even be a SATA RAID controller.

Do you know your Service Tag?

It's HLMNV61... A friend told me that the Window XP Pro with SP2 didn't give him a problem and he has almost the same system from dell as I do and he installed the Xp Pro and removed the XP Home with no problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back