XP Pro Sp2, Active Desktop Issue, IE Script Error?

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Hey guys,

Recently on two of the computers we have here, we have been getting active desktop error messages. You know, the one with the white screen and text, that gives you a button to restore your desktop? Well if you click the button to restore the desktop, you get this message:

desktop.jpg

Now just to report, this computer was also having some weird IE Issues, where when trying to open up the application it would just create another shortcut. I scanned the machine for viruses and found 5, which the user stated he opened his email and some attachments that he thought was legit... shame Symantec Live Protect did not catch it.

Unfortunately, downstairs now we have a computer that's having the same active desktop error message issue. Any idea what this may be? I'm scanning for viruses now, however none have been detected.

I had this problems too a long time ago. I seem to remember that it happened after I had adjusted the settings of a certain directory (by rightclicking in an empty space in a directory and then choosing adjust this directory (or map/folder) = translated from Dutch, maybe the option is called differently =). With this option you can change the look of the map, or make it a map specially for pictures / music etc .

It went away when I restored the default settings for this map. So maybe this works 4 U2?

Trash your cache and cookies (delete) - Under Internet options, go to Program tab and click reset web settings.

If you have already done this, we will step further into the issue as needed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back