XP Pro Partition Questions

M

Mike89

I would like to upgrade to XP Pro (from ME) sometime in the future.

I currently have my first HDD set up into two partitions. 2.5 Gig on the first partition which has ME installed.

I have heard that XP should have at least 3 Gigs. I have also heard that during the XP Pro installation, you can format and partition the drives. Is this correct?

Could I change the size of the first partition from 2.5 Gigs to 3 Gigs? I am talking upgrade here, not clean install so I don't want to lose anything in the process.

XP does let you format/partition a drive but it won't allow you to resize or do anything clever [and more importantly non-destructively].

i installed xp pro over the top of win ME with nothing installed (fresh copy).. immediately after install 2.2gb was used. i had 4 gb partitioned off, i resized it to 6gb to give some growing room.

I've given up on how much disk space windows uses, so i really didn't check. All i know is that I use one of my 30GB deskstars for windows and there is never any space on that drive ;)

why not using powerquest partition magic 7.0 which support winxp and ntfs file system..it will resize your partition without data loss
i hope that helps:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back