XP Pro or Home for Games?

N

Nick718

I am about to reformat and install XP again, I've had Pro on here. I am wondering If I should get Home instead? Which is better for gamming, and better overall, what are the major differences?

Pro os better if you have multiple users under different tyoes of accounts, doubt there should be any difference on the gaming front tho.

Originally posted by Nick718
I am about to reformat and install XP again, I've had Pro on here. I am wondering If I should get Home instead? Which is better for gamming, and better overall, what are the major differences?

Home & Pro are EXACTLY the same except Home DOES NOT have so much of the network stuff protocols, obviously cos its not intended to be used at a corporate level.

User acoount privacy is slightly different too, but again, for a home PC.. who needs it!?:confused:

As for gaming.. Home & Pro should be identical.

I've got XP Home, and gaming is fine. :D

Stuy_b

Pro all the way!

You can get to alot more setting and little apps build in, some can really help your system where home would need a reg hack or something :D

I think is the same..:p

Im using Pro now...doesnt meet any problem with the latest games..such as Sim Golf..Disciples 2 n MoH:AA

I use Pro...

and it works great. I have not used home yet and have heard that home does not offer the option of "remote desktop" which I use all of the time from the office. Like I said I have not used home so I am not positive, anyone know for sure?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back