xp pro login problem

celticfan11

OSNN Senior Addict
My g/f's computer has XP PRO on it. 2 days ago when you booted the computer it would boot right to the desktop. After installing software for an HP printer, windows now stops at the login page and she has to click on her username to get in. There is no password or anything. How do i get this back to normal?

Thanks in advance

In User Accounts there is an option for using the login window. I'm not on XP right now or I'd be more specific... but you should be able to find it there.

go to start run and type in control userpasswords2 take the check mark off of users must enter a username and password to use this computer it will ask you which user to auto login and say ok, then say ok and ure done

iti s start
run
control userpasswords2

you forgot a word.. And thank you as i forgot about this command :)

Goto windows update and make sure you have Microsoft .netFramwork 1.1 updated all the way, if the printer installed an old version of this it would cause your problem :)

Last edited:
celticfan11 said:
iti s start
run
control userpasswords2

you forgot a word.. And thank you as i forgot about this command :)
themafia.69:no i didnt? what areo u talking about?

This has officially become more confusing than it needs to be. :s

ok cool, i swear i read my post like 100 times after u told me i goofed to see what i did wrong Cheers!:)

and after ytou assured me you were right i REread it assuring you were wrong, come to find out I was wrong :).

BTW it fixed the problem

Thanks a bunch

its ok we all make mistakes! happy i could help you

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back