XP Pro Gaming

O

Overkill

Well, I will be updating my wife's computer and I have just had a new computer built with XP and I was wondering if they are any special things I should know about setting up a clean, mean gaming machine with XP. My specs are below. I guess I am specifically wondering what services can I turn off in XP to free up resources. Thanks.

Specs: Lian-Li PC 60 case, Asus P4S333 DDR mobo, Intel 2.4ghz Northwood, 1gig of PC2700 333 Samsung, WD 1000JB SE, Lite On Burner at 40X, Lite On DVD and CD-ROM, 250mb Zip, SB Live!, VisionTek GF4 Ti4600, Windows XP Pro, Optiquest 19" and the Cougar HOTAS

not mean enough?

Does it gets any better than this?

That's one fine pc you've got there !

WOW

wow....someones got a lot of $$$$$$ on their hands
umm.......best u could do....jus..prolly get more cooling..n o/c that badboy

:eek: Sorry guys. I didn't mean to draw attention to the specs. I simply cut and paste my sig from another forum of which I am a member. I posted the specs just in case someone saw an issue with XP and a component.

Oh, but it is for me not my wife. I just upgraded hers with other components. As far as $$$$, I paid a very reasonable price, sub $2,600.

dadx2mj,

Thanks for the link. That is what I needed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back