• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XP Pro Gaming

O

Overkill

Well, I will be updating my wife's computer and I have just had a new computer built with XP and I was wondering if they are any special things I should know about setting up a clean, mean gaming machine with XP. My specs are below. I guess I am specifically wondering what services can I turn off in XP to free up resources. Thanks.

Specs: Lian-Li PC 60 case, Asus P4S333 DDR mobo, Intel 2.4ghz Northwood, 1gig of PC2700 333 Samsung, WD 1000JB SE, Lite On Burner at 40X, Lite On DVD and CD-ROM, 250mb Zip, SB Live!, VisionTek GF4 Ti4600, Windows XP Pro, Optiquest 19" and the Cougar HOTAS

F

foxkuil

not mean enough?

Does it gets any better than this?

That's one fine pc you've got there !

O

Overkill

:eek: Sorry guys. I didn't mean to draw attention to the specs. I simply cut and paste my sig from another forum of which I am a member. I posted the specs just in case someone saw an issue with XP and a component.

Oh, but it is for me not my wife. I just upgraded hers with other components. As far as $$$$, I paid a very reasonable price, sub $2,600.

dadx2mj,

Thanks for the link. That is what I needed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies