XP Pro freezes for long periods..

You might try Sp1 and SP2 for your Office appz. all of your posts mentioned you were running Word and powerpoint. You should also update to SP1 for windows Xp pro. You should get Customizer XP, I have but it is not freeware (sry!). I believe you neeed to change the following: Email me for it.
Service Timeout Value to 5000
Application Timeout Value to 5000
Hung Application Value to 2000

I also know there was a fix by MS for you....go to windows update.

Larz

hi:

something like that sounds like a security breach

it could be a backdoor trojan with some hacker trying the trojan program and seeing what it can do

if thats the case

it would be easy for him to format your hard drive.

this may not be what has happened and i dont want to alarm you

but...

i would put my xp cd in the drive
and boot to xp and install xp overtop of your installation

this way you would save your documents and still get a fresh installation of xp

you would need to re-install all your programs but its better safe than sorry

sorry if this is no help:)

egghead

Larz : thanks for the help, I'll give you an email soon. I will also try and install the SP's for office as well.

Egghead : I have a hardware firewall, so would it even be possible for someone to be running a trojan on my system? Re-installing XP would be an option, I don;t have that many programs to re-install... as long as all my files stay put. First I'd like to try and solve this but identifying whats wrong and then attempting to fix it however...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back