xp pro framerates

D

DuffMan

Is anyone else noticing lower framerates after installing xp pro compared to xp home. My dungeon siege fps dropped 10-15 fps after the upgrade. Is this just a problem in this game or is this occuring with other games and is there a way to increase game performance with the pro version.

depending on your video card, you probably need a refresh rate fix. xp limits the refresh rate to a default of 60Hz.

Yes , depends of your system , my games performance increases in XP pro .. try also new drivers for your videocard .

I've neer noticed a framerate difference between Home and pro..so not sure.

DS frame rate

I'm having a 13 fps in DS while in the snow area and 15fps while in the cave.. Is this practical for i have a GeForce2 MX 400?

My Nvidia driver is 23.11 ...

DS frame rate

I'm having a 13 fps in DS while in the snow area and 15fps while in the cave.. Is this practical for i have a GeForce2 MX 400?

My Nvidia driver is 23.11 ... Is there any fix or whatever things that could boost up my fps. My refresh rate is currently 72Hz.

Dungeon Siege is a major video card hog..that is about as high as your going to get with a geforce2mx...it's probably time you consider saving up for an upgrade as the newer games coming out will only get harsher on system reqs.

Thanks for the advice Qumahlin.. I'm getting myself a new card probably the next 6 months. Any recommendation of a card? GeForce 4 is way too much currently in the market. How about a 128 MB GeForce 3 Ti 200? I mean the performance if compare with GeForce 4 MX 460 and ATI radeon 8500.:cool:

gforce 3ti 200

a geforce 3 ti200 will do u fine, its prolly the most value for money gfx card on the market at the moment

Not really, u can get a ATI 8500LE 128mb for 155inc vat and thats much better than a gf3

well depends...

depends on where u are, like im in Australia and the gforce 3 ti200 is quite cheap

Well, how nice to have cheap cards in ur country... Like mine, in Malaysia it cost about 800++ bucks.. so most of us here settle down for a GeForce 2 MX or Ti .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back