XP pro File Caching Turn OFF

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
ok the problem is that the other day when my system was powered down due to a power outage of a storm. i boot up the computer and its caching the my documents folder.

now the problem is that the my documents folder is mapped to anouther computer on the network. and its 200gb. is there any way i can turn off the caching on my main machine?

the pc that has the my docs folder on it has the file caching option turned off on the share. but my main pc is still pulling from it. and well its legging doing all that. is there any way to turn this off? or remove it from the cache.

the only place i can see info for this is in the controle panle synchronize folders. i can see it there but i cant tell it to stop or delete the cache process.

can anyone help?

You can turn it off in the drive's properties-->share tab-->Cache.

i tryed to do that but no change, here is a pic of the icons and what it turned them into also.

Attachments

• MY DOCS.jpg
    MY DOCS.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 301
Ok never mind. i found it. i had to turn off

View offline files in my folder options, but thanks Steevo for the responce

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back