XP Pro Corp.?

N

Nick718

I have the choice of installing two different versions of XP when i reformat tomorrow. XP Pro Corp. English, or regular XP Pro English. Can someone please tell me what the difference between the two is?

XP Pro Corporate edition needs no activation. Used for businesses where you have a lot of computers...

If you can get your hand on the corp. edition, I would use that one...

And there are no differneces in performance or anything, I am a big gammer, dont want anything boggin me down..... if it is identical to XP Pro in every way but no registrations, i'm golden.

Well corp is the most "pirated" version of XP...now the question is do you actually own either of them heheh

hehe yeah. DewilsOwn got out a copy of WinXP corp.

But there aren't any slowdowns or anything...It's the same...

A "friend" of mine has two copies of the Corporate version.

One copy won't boot from the CD.
(So used a 98 boot disk - then type in setup - ERROR - This application can't run in Dos mode ? - Can't do that if you are doing a clean install with a newly formatted hard drive)

2nd one
Goes throught the installation procedure, but during the 'copying files to computer part' - It comes back with an error about 'Top of document problem' or something and won't continue.

Solution was to use the 2nd disk to begin the install then use the 1st one to finish.

He tells me that it now works great.

Has anyone else ran into these types of problems?
Feel free to send me a private message or email.

Please Note-
(I am only putting this out there to let people know about problems with using the corporate version, not to get yelled at for pirating.)

Well, I am posting this now on windows XP corp which I installed a few hours ago. The installation went fine, it seems to be running great except for a video problem I'm ironing out which is unrelated to the OS.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back