• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XP Pro Compatible with Vista Mainboard?

Do-Luck

OSNN One Post Wonder
Hi All,

Just a quick question.

Can i still run XP Pro on a Asus M2N32-SLI Premium VISTA Edition Motherboard.

Does the "Vista Edition" mean it has other perks available when Vista is installed ?

Regards
Steve

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
I've never heard of a motherboard that can only run Vista and not XP. I would think it's just a marketing phrase to let you now it's fine to use with Vista.

thats because newer chipsets and processors are too fast :) the timing is all out as far as the older OS's are concerned so they miss alot of critical events or fire them off at the wrong time. End result: BSOD.

Maroon

OSNN Junior Addict
i guess "VISTA Edition Motherboard" means that MoBo contains disk with fista drivers. The same thing was when win xp appeared, there were slogans "desinged for win xp" and so on.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saryrehgy