XP Pro CD burning

djchapple

OSNN Addict
I have not had any success with burning CDs.

My Nero wont recognise the DVD combo and XP Pro is also sulking.

How can I check that XP pro is set up to burn CDs?

Point1
For a start Don't use Nero and second disable the windows xp burning engine, by explorering to you burning drive right click drive go to properties then Record. Now in this field uncheck Enable CD Recording now apply and ok.
Point 2
Check to see if your aspi layer are ok here's a tool to check if this is ok or installed on your system. I tend to stick to aspi layer 4.60 on both Win XP & Win 98SE.(Just unzip and and run file)
Point3
Is your burner ok? Is it new? If poss install in another pc to make sure its ok. Depending what your main use of a burner is for ie copy games backup data etc.
Head for CDMate burning program http://www.cd-mate.com/downloads.php :D
Still good luck with Nerotten Imean Nero,:D

I may not be as smart as most people here - but I think the first thing I would do is go here to see if my recorder was supported by Nero!

Then I would ask if you have ever burned anything with it (in another computer or this one) - is it a new installation?

Then I guess my next question would be - can you burn anything using the XP cd burning software?

Hi djchapple
Goto
read the rules
Download_ Aspi4all.v4.60.WinALL-MiNK!
"There's also lots of other stuff there"
Open the zip file_ Run aspichk.exe
if the banner is Green then aspi is OK
if the banner is Red then _Run Aspi4all.exe
Aspi4all.v4.60.WinALL
Aspi4all is just a simple cracked version of the standard Adaptec Aspi layer update found on the adaptec ftp site. Running Aspi4all will cause your system to be upgraded to
an Adaptec-compliant aspi layer, without the need of having an Adaptec SCSI card installed
There is also a later version of aspi 4.27 on the Adaptec site
I suggest you try the 4.60 first it works with my XP system
Hope this helps
MrFred

dont link to warez sites

Posted by MrFred
Hi djchapple
Goto
link removed
Download_ Aspi4all.v4.60.WinALL-MiNK!
"There's also lots of other stuff there"
Open the zip file_ Run aspichk.exe
if the banner is Green then aspi is OK
if the banner is Red then _Run Aspi4all.exe
Aspi4all.v4.60.WinALL
Aspi4all is just a simple cracked version of the standard Adaptec Aspi layer update found on the adaptec ftp site. Running Aspi4all will cause your system to be upgraded to
an Adaptec-compliant aspi layer, without the need of having an Adaptec SCSI card installed
There is also a later version of aspi 4.27 on the Adaptec site
I suggest you try the 4.60 first it works with my XP system
Hope this helps
MrFred

don't you know that warez is unwanted here this might cause you losing your neck here.

Posted by djchapple
I have not had any success with burning CDs.

My Nero wont recognise the DVD combo and XP Pro is also sulking.

How can I check that XP pro is set up to burn CDs?

when you bought your DVD /CD writer it must have had a burning software such as Nero or Easy CD Creator or anything else ( which support your writer) if that didn't work then update your nero version.

Very very sorry to all
My mistake
this will NOT happen again
MrFred

My burner is brand new and part of my laptop and it is on the nero list of accepted burners.

As I said it all worked before.

Well for one, Nero has it's own ASPI and should work as is, with out disabling XP's burn engine. If you do need ASPI for another app (I needed it for CDex to work properly), just go get it from Adaptec, no need for workarounds, Adaptec provides it to anyone. Do follow the instructions for XP installation, though. Adaptec recommends against using 4.60 for XP, get a newer one (I'm using 4.71.1 with no problems).

You are using a current downloaded version of Nero, I hope, and not an outdated disc version.

Also note only the 1st and 4th entries are needed for XP.

Thanks MaryJ I have used ASPIcheck and I get the green banner so that is one hurdle overcome

Hi Gus K. What do you mean by only the first and fourth entries are needed? Are you referring to the ASPICHK test or what? I seem to have missed something here.

Yup, take a peek at the ASAPI check attachment above. Don't know anything about green banners. All stuff comes from Adaptec's site.

Dave,

Did ya get Nero working, it takes a bit of getting used to but worth the effort.

I downloaded CDMate as per link given by MaryJ and installed software on my computer. Nero refuses to recognise my drive and hence will not work. CDMate loaded without problem, recognised my drive and work impeccably.

So it was not a problem with my drive!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back