xp pro and goback

S

sneaky

After a clean install of XP Pro ,I can't seem to get Roxio's goback to work. I am using the latest upgrade from Roxio. Installation goes well but when asked to reboot my system it get's to the point where the windows splash screen is loading then reboots over and over. I have a p4 1.4 gig system with 512mb ram. Can anyone help? Thanks :confused:

N

nick1gbr

Its not compatable, when you update adaptec easy cd creator 5, it takes go back off the system... According to Roxio's website ( & Microsofts) it says go back does not work with windows xp..

System restore within xp is supposed to do a similar job, authough i have never tried it in xp and it never worked properly under windows ME

--Nick--

S

sneaky

Hmmm, I am using (with no problems) The goback version 301B56 on another system setup with xp pro. According to roxio it is rated for xp. Makes me think that maybe there is a conflict between goback and nero as there is between ez creator and nero . Thanks anyway for your quick response.

Qumahlin

OSNN Veteran Addict
in my opinion Roxio has done a HORRIBLE job of being XP compatible...Roxio's ezcd has caused more winxp problems and their bs way of going about updating up unitl recently was just ridiculous, they should of got their act together before releasing any patches because as far as I can tell none of them were tested due to the wide array of problems that occured...just my opinion which is why i'd never use Roxio products again

besides, who wants to use ez cd creator when nero costs about the same supports more features and so far has never given me a problem and most people I know had no problems with nero except for maybe needing an aspi update

D

drthv8r

I'm running XP Pro along with GoBack and with the update it runs fine.

O

Optiplex

Please uninstall all roxio/adaptec software and install latest Nero instead. Then your problems is gone I promise.

//Opti

E

existenz

You needed an ASPI update?

Doesn't Nero come with an ASPI layer? (5.5.6.4)

K

Kylie

Originally posted by Optiplex
Please uninstall all roxio/adaptec software and install latest Nero instead. Then your problems is gone I promise.

//Opti
Never a truer word said

K

A

AmarSingh

Originally posted by Optiplex

//Opti
well that would be a problem if you wanted to use goback since nero doesnt offer a similar product

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy? :(
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Plesuvius