XP Performance Tip + Keep the GUI

surge

OSNN Senior Addict
is that ment to be News whats poasted on the main page ?
even a totall idiot could work that one out for them selves

anyway the XP Giu makes the O/s look like a fisher price toy

nah you arnt an idiot ;)
"
its jsut silly that some ones poasted a "tweek" when its well known in the Forums.

I guess I just not as smart as you are since I didn't know about this tweak.

I somewhat knew about it. Heh. But anyway, I've tried it and I really dislike it. :p It just looks horrible without ClearType and transparent icons and all those nifty stuff.

Even though I got a small gain in performance, it's not really worth it when you've got a computer like mine. So, if you have a similar computer to mine, have everything enabled, except Shadows under menus. Those can slow down everything quite a lot if you have large menus. XD Up to you, though. :)

Please allow for the less XP literate

I beg to differ with your opinion,whilst you may have a vast knowledge of Windows XP,I do not.I only frequent a few forums online,this being one of them,and I apreciate being shown tweaks which I may or may not know.Please make allowances for the good folks that are new to Windows XP and may be seeing these tweaks for the first time,do you remember how you felt when you tried applying your first tweak and seeing the results.It may be old news to you but it may be headline news to Joe Newbie.Take care and be lucky.
FOSSY69

To be any good the forum has to cater for people of all abilities not just seasoned Pros

You all said it so nice :) I was a lil pissed at being refered to as a total idiot.

ok iam sorry if it looked like i insulted any one
it wont happen again,
can ya for give me Jewelzz @};--- plz :)

Performace tweak

The tweak does not, repeat 'DOES NOT' increase perfomance in any way. I have benchmarked and there is no such increase. Checking the adjustments for best appearance is the way to go, the windows looks much better.

yuck. i do without the plastic chew-toy skins. not really for performance reasons so much... i guess just because i don't like to think that microsoft is trying to keep me amused with pretty colors. }:p

plus it helps me fool myself into thinking i'm a UB3R 733T H4×0R }:D

Originally posted by surge
is that ment to be News whats poasted on the main page ?
even a totall idiot could work that one out for them selves

anyway the XP Giu makes the O/s look like a fisher price toy

huh? everybody doesn't know everything...when I fist turned off the effects, I had a big boost in speed, but Ithere was lots of xp that I missed, and wanted...so taking that tweak further, and customizing what I wanted and didn't want, I have the look and feel that I do, with no noticeable compromise in performance...so why would you critisize someone who's posting things that you already know?...hardly anything I post is an original idea...

and as for anyone that thinks they are benchmarking with no benefit...ha...you can't possibly be benchmarking proper perameters

hey Dealer

Dont jsut pick on me here,other ppl have slamed the so called "tweek" and i did say i was sorry for doing so.

Re: Performace tweak

Originally posted by purush
The tweak does not, repeat 'DOES NOT' increase perfomance in any way. I have benchmarked and there is no such increase. Checking the adjustments for best appearance is the way to go, the windows looks much better.

Well that is probably because your machine is so powerful.
Many people are still running Pentium II's, etc

Also, some of the effects are simple animations (eg the window takes a moment to minimise) that also take a moment some people dont care about. (not performance related)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back