XP partitions

Jz1397-5

XP Bad Ass
i want to create another partition on my drive for an XP gaming partition. if i create this will windows xp recognize the partition and give me an option to boot from it? i want to use partition magic to create the NTFS partition, then install from the CD. sound good?

Shouldn't be a problem. When done & you get back into windows it might ask you to format the partition. No pain involved. :) You can also select the drive letter you want for it when you get back in.

thats what i thought, and the XP boot loader will recognize the other OS and give me a choice right?

Yes you can set up your gaming progs to run on a separate partition.
You can also boot from a Win XP cd, but to allow dual booting from one system to another you need to make both partitions as "primary" partitions.

One is hidden while the other is visible as with Partition Magic.
Each primary partition has operating sys files of its own and separate boot.ini entries to give you the boot up choice.

You can use the software prog "Virtual Drive"to show a drive icon and load the gaming without the cd loaded, but it wont boot from that drive, unless someone knows something I dont !

Originally posted by RogerPhillis

You can use the software prog "Virtual Drive"to show a drive icon and load the gaming without the cd loaded, but it wont boot from that drive, unless someone knows something I dont !
deamon tools is soo much better. and since it is a program that runs within XP, you can't boot from it. only boot from something that is recognized by bios

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back