• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XP or 2K

G

GregBarton

Whats better Windows XP or Windows 2000??????

Also with XPsp1 does any1 have a problem with the show desktop button??

G

Gouk

I'm with Windows XP pro all the way. I used Windows 2000 for around 18 months and XP since last October and I definately prefer XP to 2K ;)

G

GregBarton

but does any1 else have a problem with the show desktop button after upgrading from XP to XP sp1 ???????

it really bugs me!!

Kush

High On Life!
nope no problem here ill do it for u right now....... yup works like always. and its a handy little thing also try using the windows button and the "D" key to show desktop. maybe ur shortcut file was dammaged!

Z

ZAnwar

Posted by Hipster Doofus
What would you want? The old model jaguar or the new one?
I would have the old Jaguar if there are less chances to break down than the new one!

yoyo

To check the show desktop shortcut, drag the icon into an editor window. It should look like this:

[Shell]
Command=2
IconFile=explorer.exe,3
[Taskbar]
Command=ToggleDesktop

If it is different change it and save it as
Show Desktop.scf
to : C:\Documents and Settings\{your username}\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

This might fall in this category, after having patched my XP Pro to sp1 my I lose my taskbar settings on every reboot. Any known fixes for this annoyance?

Greatly appreciated :blink:

Oh yeah YoYo what edtitor do you recommend?

yoyo

Notepad.exe ;)
(I'm using a non English version of XP and notepad says 'editor' for me in the title bar. Thought it would be so in the English version, too).
Don't know how to solve your taskbar problem at the moment, sorry.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies