XP not saving folder view settings

W

Womble

Anyone else getting this ?
Gotta fix ?
It's just driving me nuts having to change the view every time I open control panel and sometimes folders on another drive.
Grrr.:mad:

yes, i get the same especially with my computer folder, sometimes it opens correctly sometimes totally different! It does my nut!:(

There's actually a registry setting that's causing this problem. It seems to randomly clear folder settings for some reason. Let me see if I can find the fix...

awesome..my old solution was to restart over and over 4 times and it fixed the problem..

do you have to back up the entire registry or just those two lines? If just those two lines how do you back that up?

thanks for helping a newbie

To back up reg keys, go start/run/regedit
In regedit browse to the key you want then right-click export.

Save it somewhere as a .reg file which can be restored at a later date simpily by double-clicking it.

I get this problem too, only sometimes with random folders, it's weird!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back