Xp New Install

A

avalonu

I'm going to change my hd and a few other components. Am I going to have to reactivate winxp again, is there a code somewhere on my current hd that I can use? I have a legal, licensed copy.

Activation is set by a number generated by a mix of hardware id's taken from your system. If those numbers change significantly (how significantly? Who knows?) then activation is tripped and you have 30 days to figure it out. I just changed motherboards and processors, and it wouldn't let me activate, but there's a number you call, and you read off this long number to them, and they read back another long number to you which you type in a dialog box, a pretty simple process really, and they say OK and you are activated. With a change in hd it is quite possible you won't even have to do anything, but worst case you have to read a lot of numbers.

kip

Thanks for the Reply! I just don't like the feeling that "big brother" is watching. I have an oem copy came with my computer. Redid the system using win me and 2000 dual boot. Finally installed xp (kicking & screaming) my kids really like it. Now that we've decided to keep it we have to deal with "the power that is". "Bill Gates may I?" just isn't a phrase I want to use.

If this doesn't work you will have yo reactivate with MS.

XP - Re-Activation

Once you activate your copy of Windows XP operating system, a file gets created/updated in windows/system32 directory. It is called wpa.dbl file. Take a backup of this file and when you have reinstall the OS just copy it back to the same directory.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back