XP Network Bridging

A

aussie

I have both ADSL and Cable in my house. I also have two network cards in my main computer. I was wondering if it would be possible to bridge the 2 connections and there for have better bandwidth?? will this work?? if not is there any other way I can make use of both my connections to achieve faster download/upload speeds??

Thx in advance!!!

Cheers

Goto your connection properties and select "multi-linking", I used this to combine two ISDN channels.

thx for ya replies but does anyone know if I will be able to download at CABLE + ADSL Speed or just a slight improvement??

Would add the Bandwidths together!

2x 512kbps connections = 1mbit

sweet!!! but does it matter one is cable and one is adsl?? both different speeds and lines!!!

Not that im aware off, aslong as you can get them both to link together you should be fine, pings might be slighly higher because of parting and joining the data.

i really dont see how when I send a request to the internet for a file it manages to bring it down through both lines and then join as one but I'll give it a go anyways...

thx for ya help!!!!

I remember how do it on 98, just asking tech dude here for some advice, can't seem to find it on XP :mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back