XP Mode

Tweakfiend

OSNN Senior Addict
I have a problem that Windows 7 XP Mode runs in "maximised " window mode for the desktop screen and browsers , but not for any games that are set for this function.
They loaded correctly in XP itself when in separate dual boot mode.

Video card is Radeon HIS 5770 1 GB.

XP mode is set for 512 mb graphics ( out of 4gb system RAM)

Any one know the reason ?

XP Mode is not designed to utilize your gfx card. It is not designed for gaming, just for application functionality and duplication therefore you won't be able to duplicate what you see in a regular XP boot v/s a virtual-machine running XP Mode instance.

Essentially Virtual Machine is emulating a basic graphics card for you and is not able to see or load the video card you would prefer to use :)

There is no hardware-accelerated 3D in Windows XP mode.
No 3D games will run correctly or at all unless they’re much older games that shipped with a software 3D renderer. Reason is you do not have any virtualized access to the physical graphics card.

Myself, I just run dual boot XP 32 and Win 7 64.

You could try VirtualBox as it supports 3D.

Thanks AZ & Sazar

I opted out of Windows 7 64 bit / XP dual boot as I regularly got into a reboot loop situation when trying to access the XP partition.

So from that view point at least XP mode is much better.
The games used are quite basic from a rendering angle , and tend to be dated from 2000 or prior

Reboot loop in that case is most likely your BCD store entries for XP are incorrect.
Pretty easy to fix if you know how to use bcdedit.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back