xp-missing system.exe

X

xcape

when i boot up my pc.. i get this error message saying something like my system.exe is missing..

does anyone know how i can restore the file or would a 'repair' do the job w/out losing any of my datas?

i have a question: can you tell us the whole error message?

frankly, i don't recall the exact error message all i can recall is that.. something about system.exe is missing.. on black screen.. it's written on the top left corner..and the boot doesn't go any further..

hey guys i just wanna ask one question, my system.ini file is missing and is this dangerous, can it cause alot of problem. If so, can you help me get back the orginal file. I dunno where to extract it off my window cd.
system-ini-pic.copy.jpg

xcape - did this just start happening one day?

fossil - did this just start happening one day?

it happened a few weeks ago when i check my msconfig and found the list of instruction gone. I check c:\windows\ and cant seem to find the system.ini. I havent reported because i wasnt having any trouble with my computer, but now my taskbar on desktop sometime get frozen for some unknown reason. I have to alt+crtl+del to get to task manager to end explorer service and return it on to fix it. This problem seem to be happening more offen now and i wanna if this is related to system.ini

probably not, sys.ini is actually ignored by XP, its is seriously only there for legacy reasons, some 16-bit apps might use it, but otherwise completely unnecessary.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back