xp media player problem

R

robocop

:confused: help! all my playlists are gone and i can't get them back! i get a problem message when i try to make a new list .
suggestions anyone ?
thx,
the copper.

You know, i've been looking around for a copy of Media Player 8.0 so i could offer you a place to download and reinstall it. I found out some really interesting stuff. If you want Media Player 8.0 you gotta buy XP. I also found out that Media Player is integrated into the protected files list in XP, so even if you could find an installable third party source to download it from, you'd have to perform a registry hack just to run it.

During my main shakedown trial of XP (i put it thru everything i could throw at it) i managed to damage Media Player to the point it would not work. I would launch it and it would like come up with huge pieces of it missing type thing. I didn't mind much then because i knew i would be reinstalling anyway. I feel a tad irked about it now tho because i guess the only way to repair this one single component is to do a complete repair installation of XP, that sucks.

Personally i use MusicMatch Jukebox for my MP3's, but Media Player is my preferred video file player.

So, that's what i guess my suggestion is, do a repair installation of XP so you can fix your media player.

I'd be interested to see if there's a way to do a repair install of Media Player, anyone??

make a .m3u file

make a .m3u file they are more reliable and easy to make...

gather the files u want in a folder... (you can do dir locations but putting them in one folder is easier)
open up notepad... type in the exact file name (F2 the mp3 or what ever and then copy/paste in notepad) put them in which ever order u want... when you've done all of that save it as a .m3u file in the same folder... execute it... and Voilá :)

MdSalih

Ever since Media Player 7 i could never understand how to work the blasted thing
i only used Media player for movies to tell you the truth.. winamps the way to go for mp3s/playlists
but now im stuck with media player 8 for movie files.... unless ATI fileplayer can save me which is most of the times...

its just so bulky its unbelievable...
in 2k i used 6.4. never went above.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back