XP Media Center on MSDN!

H

hawk

Hey all,

Just a heads up that MSDN's website now has XP's Media Center for download. I am downloading it right now and I am wondering if it is stupid to install it on an XP installation that seems perfect. Will I have video problems since I only have a TNT2? Please respond.

Thanks,

I don't think you'll have problems ... but features like the TV tuner won't work unless you have the hardware for it (like a TV Tuner card)

And BTW, Windows XP Media Center Edition installs as a separate operating system. It's not an add-on for XP.

I can install it over my existing XP without any problems right? Like all of my settings will carry through or do I have to do a clean install? Do you know which video cards actually work with MCE (for TV tuning)?

Thanks a bunch.

Yes, you should be able to install it over XP. Let me try to find a list of TV tuner cards that work with it....

Hey thanks for helping, the webpage didn't have a list of cards, unless I missed something. Do you think you could find something? I was thinking about the ATI 8500dv because it is a TV-tuner. Do I really need a TV-tuner for using the MCE's Tv-guide or will TV-out suffice? As you can see, I don't really have a clue about about TV capabilities in graphics cards because I have made do with a shabby TNT2 but for what I have needed it for, it has done the job just fine. Thanks a bunch for your help!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back