Xp Mce

desie

OSNN Senior Addict
Hi I'm going to Uni in Sept if they accept my ucast application, I'm currently at college and have been doing a lot of presentations in almost all subjects to class.

I find I use my laptop a lot for presenting production work in my lessons web design, game design and screen based design.

I have a lot of media work, and photography I like to show as well. Would getting MCE be a good idea, and the remote is only £20. Would it work on my laptop (spec in sig) well?

However it does not have a TV Tuner, I don't need that, will MCE work without it? I have been google searching and on here and getting the impression it's a requirement, I don't need to show TV in presentations so it's not a requirement for me.

Thanks,

sorry if asked before, I couldn't find much concrete information through searching.

MCE 2005 works fine without a TV tuner card. In fact, if I remember correctly, Dell sells a particular Inspiron notebook with MCE although it doesn't include a tuner. It does need a decent graphics card though, but I'm pretty sure a 128MB Radeon 9700 should be fine.

The IR receiver just plugs into a USB port, so there's no reason why the MCE Remote wouldn't work with the laptop either. :)

Thanks thats all I wanted to know cheers. My laptop really needs a gig of ram though, to bad I'm saving up for driving lessons :(

Neither am I really but if it saves time in presentations rather than going to folders and such and instead using the remote it would make the presentation quicker.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back