XP Logout Crash Crash

T

TwicK

I have problems logging out a second user..... If user A is logged in then switches users, user B logs in surfs the web checks email etc, then logouts my system likes to hang usually leaving the screen black and not returning to the login screen. Once in a while it will freeze on the screen that says "Logging out" but usually its just the black screen. I've checked the event viewer and there is nothing relevant in the security or system tabs, but everytime this happens I see a warning in the application section saying:

Windows cannot unload your classes registry file - it is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Unfortunately it doesnt say what program it is and following the link does not actually provide any more help. Any ideas??

Oh and I do have a 'User C' also who occasionally has the same problem....This problem happened to me prior to formatting C: and reinstalling WinXP...so I would guess it's a software problem...I (user A) use lots of different programs, but the other two users basically only use IE, Outlook, and MediaPlayer. Opening Outlook with 2 different users seemed to be a good way to recreate it but it doesn't always do it, and Outlook isn't required to cause it...so I really have no clue

Thanks
Tom

Im pretty sure :

What that error is telling you is - a program you have running in the background is poorly designed and doesnt support Fast Switching users

Find out what programs are running in the background, kill one by one and see what one is causing the problem

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back