XP logon screen is gone...

B

Blizzbaby

Hi all,

Great new board here!!

I recently installed PC Anywhere 10.5 and now my Welcome screen has been disabled by it. Does anyone know a work-around to fix this??

Thanks,
Blizzbaby

I've heard of this with PC Anywhere before. Apparently it now controls your windows login, so besides anything that Norton (or is it Symantec) has on their support section, I haven't heard of a fix.

Thanks for replying...I guess I will uninstall it.

Blizzbaby

When you installed Norton - you would have seen a warning about:
"pcAnywhere 10.0 installs an older version of MSGINA which controls the logon screen"

This is the problem you are experiencing - it's not that Norton is controling the logon - but that it uses an older version of MSGINa as is not compatible with the one for XP - same thing if you try to install support for Novell.

MSGINA

MSGINA - Information about that completly true nice 1 "beatlesdb" :)

I saw a fix for it somewhere but don't know where!!! :(

MdSalih

Why PC Anywhere? XP's Terminal Services work great for remoting your pc. You could also use VNC from AT&T, though that's a little slower, but is more availble across platforms.
/L.A

If you go back to the main page and click on Archives, then on Tips and Tricks you will find a post titles: XP: ReEnable welcome Screen. This will tell you how to get your welcome screen back.

I posted that tip to renable the welcome screen. Its a very easy registry tweak. Infact you have to delete a key and you'll get your XP logon screen back!

Check in the main page. Its still up there or else search for archives for yesterday!

'Reenable XP logon screen'

Peace

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back