XP logon screen is gone...

B

Blizzbaby

Hi all,

Great new board here!!

I recently installed PC Anywhere 10.5 and now my Welcome screen has been disabled by it. Does anyone know a work-around to fix this??

Thanks,
Blizzbaby

K

kingnothing

I've heard of this with PC Anywhere before. Apparently it now controls your windows login, so besides anything that Norton (or is it Symantec) has on their support section, I haven't heard of a fix.

B

beatlesdb

When you installed Norton - you would have seen a warning about:
"pcAnywhere 10.0 installs an older version of MSGINA which controls the logon screen"

This is the problem you are experiencing - it's not that Norton is controling the logon - but that it uses an older version of MSGINa as is not compatible with the one for XP - same thing if you try to install support for Novell.

MSGINA

MSGINA - Information about that completly true nice 1 "beatlesdb" :)

I saw a fix for it somewhere but don't know where!!! :(

MdSalih

L

Lactic.Acid

Why PC Anywhere? XP's Terminal Services work great for remoting your pc. You could also use VNC from AT&T, though that's a little slower, but is more availble across platforms.
/L.A

jw50

OSNN Senior Addict
If you go back to the main page and click on Archives, then on Tips and Tricks you will find a post titles: XP: ReEnable welcome Screen. This will tell you how to get your welcome screen back.

Z

zwinflame

I posted that tip to renable the welcome screen. Its a very easy registry tweak. Infact you have to delete a key and you'll get your XP logon screen back!

Check in the main page. Its still up there or else search for archives for yesterday!

'Reenable XP logon screen'

Peace

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut