XP Logon Problem, Help needed!!!

Maveric169

The Voices Talk to Me
My wifes computer has been working fine for over 2 months now but today she turned on her PC, it loads to the logon screen (there are 2 admin user profiles), she selects her logon, it says it is loading personal setting, it then shows her desktop background, then after a few seconds of that it says it is saving personal settings - logging off, and returns back to the logon screen. WTF!!!

Any idea how I can get arround this? She has to have her PC for work tonight!

Update

I was able to break in using safe mode with no network support and did a system restore back to a system checkpoint from yesterday.
Problem still exists!

Not sure what's going on, but you could try this:
Logon to the other admin account, create a new account and copy her settings and files over from her old profile. All of her personalized stuff is in a folder under documents and settings. This probably isn't exactly the kind of solution you were looking for, but if it is urgent, then you can do this as a temporary fix.

Get back in using safe mode & turn off auto restart if it isn't already. It might give you an error box popping up to head you in a direction.

Right click my computer/properties/advanced/startup & recovery/setting/. Untick auto restart.

Hey! I have a problem. One day I just came home, turn on my computer and I got this error. All my shortcut are wipe out, even the ones on start menu. I did system restore and restored all my files from yesterday. It worked, but one error, it didnt restore my system.ini and win.ini. Those files are blank and my window start up so also slow now. After recoving my default system.ini and win.ini back, still my window boot up is slow. Later then I use ms bootvis up, but end up getting this error saying system reset and need to defrag your drives. I did the defrag drives and check for error and cluster, but that didnt work also. My only problem is that windows is booting up so slow, it holds on one screen said waiting to start up for 2-3min before the weclome screen shows up, also need help with fixing bootvis tool.

i used gladiator virus protection program and found no virus. Anyone still know what cause this error

What's the content of her start folder/registry key ?

Maveric169 - have you logged in under safe mode and checked what has been loading up using the msconfig command? Might be something on there that when loaded is automatically logging the user off.

Originally posted by Teddy
Maveric169 - have you logged in under safe mode and checked what has been loading up using the msconfig command? Might be something on there that when loaded is automatically logging the user off.

WoW I would have sworn I updated this thread.:confused: But I found out what my problem was. Apparently, some how the product registration un-did it's self. And there was no popup to re-register the windows activiation key. After re-installing XP on top of it's self I was able to re-register it. All fixed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back