XP Leaks

K

kms

hiya,

XP firewall seems good at stealth but doesnt seem to attempt to block leaks / trojans at all. Am i missing something ?

Any help greatly appreciated :)

TIA

nope. XP firewall is made to be just that...a Stealth/incoming port blocker....it has NO support to block outgoing

You should consider downloading a firewall.....XP's is too weak

ZoneAlarm is a good and FREE software:

www.zonealram.com

Go to the bottom of the page and click on <Free Download>.

"ZoneAlarm is free for individual and not-for-profit charitable entity use"

nope do NOT agree

The integrated firewall in XP is dead secure really... you dont need anything else...

depends on how you configure the firewall (ports).. If the firewall is auto turned on---
you wount be able to send files through IRC MSN or whatever.. Cant´t even receive files for that matter..

If you want to configure services (ports) do the following....

right click on your connection icon in the system tray..Click in on properties .. then you are in your connection window...you should then see..your connection icon..right click in on that..and then click in on properties...Another window should then popup..click in on the advanced tab.. then at the lower screen...theres a settings button.. click in on that.. then you can see all your Services (ports)...enable or disable whatever you want.. your choice..

LightWave

Can you tell me which msmsg port is for what?

There's a lot of msmsg ports, and I want to know which one does what...Thanks !

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back