XP internet problem

D

DiGtLxTc

Hello. i am running XP pro and i have a 750 athlon with a geforce 2 mx 400 and since i have installled XP i cant download anything from the internet , it will bring the window up but it just sits there till it says it cant contact the server i have tried everything including messing with the internet settings so many different ways , my xp firewall is NOT on and i give up and was wandering if someone else had an idea what wrong, oh yeah, i am using AOL and i have checked my settings on that and that isnt it either,

-Kyle_

Try this, right click on the link and choose "Save Target As..." If the link is a dead one you won't be able to download a file from it that doesn't exist... If it comes back with a file to download just select a spot to download it to.

Also, check this setting in IE: Tools> Internet Options> 'Security' tab> "Custom Level" button. Scroll down to the download section and make sure file download is enabled.

i tried all that it does it for every site i go to, it just says getting file information and then it says cant contact the site. My internet setting enable downloading, trying what you told me doesnt work either, any other suggestions. i am stumped

Just curious, but are you logged in as an administrator?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back