XP Installation CD

dannilo

OSNN Newbie
I'm very mad to say the least I was gonna format and install a fresh XP Home OS on my computer again like the one I currently have. BUT I LOST THE CD . So after hours of seaching I decided we did not take it with us when we moved to a new location 2 years ago. I still have a genuine XP certification sticker on the back of my XP with the CD key thoug, my question is can I still reformate with the CD key. Could I downlaod the XP Install disc to a blank disc from the web (A genuine version) if I provide Microsoft with my CD key.

Disclaimer: sorry to bug you guys but microsoft charges 35 USD for getting technical support .

Can't download, at least not from MS, without something similar to a MSDNN subscription. They may however send you a CD, but you'd have to call them. And, that sticker on the side of your case probably entitles you to an OEM copy, so if your computer is a Dell or something similar, contact them instead of MS.

All you need to do is find someone with a XP Home CD (legit of course) and use your CDKey instead.

I saw legit CD cause some cracked cds wont accept a legit key, some come cracked on the CD.

Pirated software is frowned upon anyways. If you find someone with a cracked CD, call the cops :)

I'm not so much like the previous guy who posted. Just d/l a copy of XP home edition! haha :p. I expect you'd be fine as long as you MAKE SURE it's the same version. Home and not Professional as well as same service pack in case.

I am not sure, but if you ask for another copy of the CD despite you having ur cd-key you'll probably have to pay a charge for it neways from MS for sure. I'd expect somethignin the $20+ range. That's just a guess though

The service pack on the CD doesn't matter. It just means the service pack it steamlined into the CD, it's the best way to install a SP if you ask me.

Thread moved to Windows Desktop.

If you do decided to just download a copy (no it's not right but I won't say nething hehe) make sure it's bootable because I ran into that problem a little bit ago and it just causes a pro-longed headache you don't need to deal with. I posted a thread about that problem a little bit ago.

We only pretend not to like free stuff on the forums cause it is the law around here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back