XP Install HELP

Jz1397-5

XP Bad Ass
I went out and bought the full XP Pro install. after i did the long reformat (NTFS) the disc starts to install packages. when it gets to ipsecsnp.dll the file cna not be copied. i have reformatted and installed 3 times. when i skip these files the system does not run smoothly, any ideas?

i've seen very similar things on bad burns of XP Pro .....take it back get a new disk

Originally posted by Jz1397-4
I went out and bought the full XP Pro install. after i did the long reformat (NTFS) the disc starts to install packages. when it gets to ipsecsnp.dll the file cna not be copied. i have reformatted and installed 3 times. when i skip these files the system does not run smoothly, any ideas?

well if you bought XP you get some free support from microsoft. you might want to give them a call. They cn tell you exactly what that error is.

i did this with multiple copies, so could if be my system or hardware? (I will call them tomorrow morning on their help line tomorrow if i cna't do it tonight) any other ideas?

it probably loads up to installing that file and stops dead ....i doubt its your hardware doing it

it jsut says "the file *** was not copied correctly. The file setup on your hard drive is not a valid windows xp system image. if you are installing from a CD, there may be a problem with the windows XP CD."

and i stops on the same file most of the time.

ok figured it out, it was sometime with my hardware. I set my ram to auto speeds, instal of the 2.0 DDR timings and as low as they can go. after the operating system is installed i will crank it back up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back