XP Home Network Problems

J

joshuajme

Ever since i instaled a network between two pc's. My main computer boots up really slowly, and if i dont press anything quickly just as the desktop appears it says blah blah couldnt start and shuts itself down (some dll files).

The drivers on the card are fine, and signed.

any suggestions would be handy, cheers.

Gigabyte 7DXR+

athlon xp 1900
512 mb ddr ram, pc2100
40gb ATA100 Maxtor
Geforce 4 4600
Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC
AVM ISDN Controller
Creative Soundblaster Live Value

HOME EDITION!!??

Home is not the greatest for networking period. But the one thing you should do is boot up in safe mode. Logon as Administrator no password by default, right click on my computer, properties, Advanced, Error reporting, or startup options. I cant remember which. But you will find a setting that says to automatically reboot on failure. Make sure that is not checked. That way the next time you boot up and it crashes it will not automatically reboot but you will get the BSOD. Let me know what the DLL's are. Also let me know what the other OS is and I will try to help you out as much as I can.

ah, ive re installed and its ok now, and it boots slowly cos it s a cheapo network card. thanks anyhow

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back