XP home dispatched from supplier of PC

brocher

OSNN Senior Addict
I have just bought a laptop but it has the company version of windows xp home, it won't let me change some of the settings
i.e.
cant convert to NTFS(it fat32) and also it has no back up feature when i go to C drive properties,is there a way that i can enable features like these

This company tried hard to sell me the back up discs along with the 3 year extended warrenty

I dont think that you can convert your active file system without a format

There are programs that will let you convert the file system without any affect to what is on it. I don't think I would trust them though ..

zeke_mo said:
I dont think that you can convert your active file system without a format
Not true.
XP includes a built-in non-destructive file system conversion utility. It's a one-way process (FAT32 to NTFS only). Open a command prompt (Start>Run>cmd) and enter the following:

convert C: /FS:NTFS

where C: is the drive letter of the partition/drive you want to convert to NTFS.

Yeah, you can convert fat32 to ntfs easily, just not back again ;) (easily)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back