XP Help

D

db4eva

Yeah yo, umm yeh im having 2 probs wid XP Pro .. gaming wise.

GTA3
I install, fine , i run game fine .. until 30 seconds into the beginning of the game it leaves the game asif i had done a alt+f4 .. does it very randomly, but ive never lasted in the game longer then 2 mins.

Ive:
Applyed XP Patch, I can see menu's
Copied CD2 to HDD
Tryed running in all OS compatabily modes..

ok next.

Counter-Strike
Its like it takes a screenshot.. the games still running, i still
hear the sounds but im looking at a screenshot.
Pushing esc and resuming fixes this.. but as you probably know .. im dead when i return into the game.

This happens very rarely in CS .. but id still rathr it not happen @ all.

Ok guys anyone that can help would be much appreciated.

Im not sure what card you have ...

but i had similar issues , so i went into the bios and turned the AGP aperature size down to 2X

and that did the trick , there is also an AMD agp patch on the frontpage here if you have a AMD chip

Is your computer overclocked?.. overclocking can cause those such oddities in games.

Also check your BIOS memory timings.

Try the latest display drivers for your graphics card, and if its overclocked again unclock it.

yhj

Yeh tried that AMD patch .. and new vid drivers .. still doesnt work.

Ill try that AGP 2x tommorow .. cant stand being regected again tongiht.

btw my system is :

amdxp 1800
epox mobo
512 kingmax 2700 ram
60 gig seagate hdd.
geforce 1 256.

what version of Nvidia driver you using? Have you run DXdiag to see if there are any old drivers lurking around causing problems?

ill try that when i get rid of all these virus on my comp ... gg virus's in jpegs now .. ffs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back