XP hardware autoplay (detection) problem?

T

ttron

I have a piece of hardware that connection to a COM/Serial port that constantly sending data to the port(into the computer). There is a driver for this and it work find in all Windows OS except XP.

With XP,when I boot the system with my hardware on, XP detect something active at the port then auto do a "New Hardware Found" and install a serial mouse driver for it and the the driver I had for it is not working because my hardware is already assign to the mouse. However if I first boot XP then turn on my hardware then it is OK - everything working as in any other OS. That's my driver work and the hardware work.

Please explain how i can disable this XP autoplay(detection) feature for this particular serial com port(my hardware)?

thanks,
Thanh Truong

Welcome to the forums ttron. :) You could try turning off plug & play in the bios. If it doesn't work just turn it back on.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back