XP Hangs, Freezes, Locks Up

K

KWM1_

1. Two new computers with the exact same components,
2. One went together great...........starts, shutdown, etc
3. I did the exact same steps, from CMOS to drivers and components on both.

4. One I boot it up cold the next day and it locks up right after doing its hdd, and CDROM checks It wont bring up the WindowsXP black screen, until I restart.
5. Bios has been updated,
6. Cards to the drives have been taken out or replaced.

ECS MB
AMD 1600+
NIVDIA VID
Creative sound
Creative Modem
Maxtor 40gig and jumper pins diagnose as being set correctly

Any solutions would be appreciated.............

I belive this is the problem with the ECS mobo, I have the mobo and it has the same problem, I am gonna apply the most recent bios they released to see if that helps

but my comp does same thing it's as if the connection from the HD to the mobo dies and you never even get a XP logo to come up to load, i'll update you if I find out more

I have updated the latest from ECS

I have updated the latest bios updates from ECS, even their bios update instructions were incomplete, but I eventually figured out how to get the AMI to flash by typing:

AMNIF329 011215L.ROM

After creating a system disk in XP, then unzipping their files to the floppy.

The other computer I have is the same MB, it works fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back