XP hangs every X minutes

luish

OSNN Senior Addict
I have a Pc running XP Home SP1.
I have nothing special running @ startup but every 5 to 10 minutes my windows hangs for 10 - 30 seconds....

Someone knows something about this ?

had this problem also for a while. for me it turned out to be a loose IDE cable to my CD-Drive. after i openend my case and put the cable back tight and securer it worked perfect. so check for any loose cables in your pc

i hadnt touched mine for months and still the cable was loose, dont have any other suggestions, but check for virusses to be sure

Yeah the CD Drive spin-up time can sometimes cause this to happen, but 5 to 10 seconds sounds a little high.

What happens when it freezes - as in what were you doing immediately before it hangs?

use task manager to see if some prog. is using lot of res. in that moment..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back