XP Game Problems

L

Lark2002

Hey im new to this forum, so fujism firstly! :D

ok, now my problem, i have recently gotten copies of Medal Of honour: AA and Jedi Knight II outcast. Problem is with both games whenever i try to start a new game it loads a piece of the level and then just freezes, no error, it just stops responding.

I have the the latest Direct X, video drivers etc, i have a GEFORCE 2 Mx 400, 512 RAM, PIII 600.

Ne ideas??

Thanx

Lark:D

nope, u just gotta press CTRL + ALT +DEL and it tells u its not responding, then u gotta click end task.

When I first started using XP I had to download new drivers for the ge force video card. Check out their site and make sure you have the newest driver. I'm not sure if that is you problem but it solved my problem which sounds the same to yours.

hey man, thanx but i already tried that, and its in compatibility mode as well!

So confused!!

Lark

got the latest patches for the games?

no, i guess i'll try that, but i woulda thought the the game would work without them!

well, patches are released to fix 'bugs' in games... so try getting the latest patches..

well there arent ne for jedi, so there goes that idea

I recommend you run dxdiag and post the results here so we can take a look..

start > run > dxdiag (save results to txt file, copy and paste results here)

You could try going into your bios and dropping your AGP slot to X2 from X4. This solved all my games problems

try this

in jk2 download the 1.04 patch, in AA(i dont have that 1), chek the site for patches,

and finally download the new detonator xp drivers

Both of those games also have a "safe mode". You may want to try starting them that way and backing down the rendering properties. (provided you get in the game)
Medal of Honor also has an "auto configure". Perhaps using that prior to starting the game will resolve the "freezing" issue.
If you actually get into the game(s) and get the chance, I would start very low on graphics and slowly bump my way up. I've got an old PII 400Mhz here running XP with a radeon 7000 and it runs JK2. It ain't pretty, (about 12fps, ACK!), but it loads and plays.

all updated driver for ur hardware?? sound card driver......?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back