B

beanie1000

i am running xp home edition
jetway raid board asus router (adsl)
athlon 1.4ghz 512ddram
fm801 sound card
120gig hard drive
a usb mouse
problem is it will randomly freeze the mouse for a sec then u will hear the connect and disconnect sound then be fine again,does this in games apps anything u do,even just sat there on its own,plz help its driving me mental

Could you tell me the out come of this?
I have the same annoying problem.

well if its the mouse then try installing the drivers that came with it on cd and if there isnt try rolling back the drivers. also make sure that it is firmly plugged in the usb slot cuz u could be moving it on accident if u shake the table or somthing

How many programs do you have running in the background?

Well after a full format the problem still persists..
I have tried all things that may cause this problem and hit a blank spot :huh:
Any one know what might be causing this delay???Has i type this reply theres no visable text till 2 to 3 seconds after i have finnished .Has i move the mouse round the screen it just freezes for 2 or 3 seconds and then its ok till i try to open some thing and the freeze comes back..??:mad:

I use an usb mouse but with the adapter and plug it into the ps/2 plug and it works great ... have you tried that ? Do both of you have the same mouse?

I use a microsoft optical scroll mouse usb ( but plugged into the ps/2 )

I have tried a ps2 mouse and still get the same problem.
The usb logitec rf optical mouse i use has been working fine till this problem started.

It possibly could be caused by the USB hub going into and out of power save. Hence the disconnect and connect sounds.

Sorry but I don't know how to stop this.

Even if i use the usb hub or the on board usb ports !!!
still the same .

:D Yes i see it was very confusing ...Problem fixed brbrbrb:mad:
usb cable modem wanted to sit next to the usb mouse on the hub i have!!!if i put it in any other usb port on the pc its a problem!!!
I also have the asus ipannel and it works only side by side !!cable modem --usb mouse..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back