Xp formatting

M

Masione

I have done formats before, on Win98, but I cannot get XP to boot to the boot disk. I built this computer myself from scratch, and have the foppy set to first boot device, but it won't. I got the boot disks from microsoft, and got the 6 boot disks fro XP home, but when i put the first one in and restart, it won't boot to dos, it just boots like I don't have a disk in there at all.

What's wrong?

I am just wanting to a format and clean install.

on my system, when I want to boot from a CD, I have to press F8 onces I see that once blue screen saying the manufatures name and the first boot progress, that lets you set up the boot order...but I don't know how you set your system up...unless you got one of those motherboards that let's you do what I just said :rolleyes:

Set your bios to boot from your XP CD. You only need the boot disks if your mobo does not allow booting from CD, which all newer models do.

if your xp file system is fat32, you can direct use any win98 boot disk to format your hard disk.

I tried using the CD to format it, but it wouldn't let me format C drive, said the setup files needed to cpmplete installation were on there. I will try a Win98 boot disk, I still have one right here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back