XP Firewall and Connection Sharing

UniSol

I'm all ears
Has anyone else noticed if you do connection sharing on an XP network and disable the XP firewall on the 'internet machine' the other computers can't access the internet?

I want to turn the firewall of because it takes about 1min to connect to IRC with it on, connects straight away with it off.

Any feedback would be great, thanks.

P.S. Sorry if this has been mentioned before, im to knacked after last night to be bothered searching.:eek:

Yes, the XP firewall is too simple to work with complicated things like ICS. It also blocks ident on port 113, which slows down and sometimes blocks IRC connection. I always recomend disabling the XP firewall and getting a freeware, more configurable one like ZoneAlarm or Tiny Personal Firewall.

JJB6486

I have got NeoWatch w/NeoTrace by Neoworx (Mcafee), works amazing, problem is I can either have slow IRC or not connection sharing.:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back