xp explorer problem please assist

X

xenon1

I installed a video capture card driver and the problem started.
I ahve taken out the driver but the problem remained

I can open up explorer and all looks ok but when i select dive c or d if sound a alarm and closed down

So i can get the files ..

can anyone assist or is it a case of complete re install.

reload a previous install done nothing to fix the problem

added info to the problem

in explorer if I go to the a: first then I can open any other folder in the list on any drive does that help anyone to assist

not

not internet explorer but just explorer

and as I stated if i go in a: and look at the files them go to any other directory it work fine

The reason I said repair IE is because both IE & WE luv each other..........too much. If a problem affects one it can also affect the other. The only way I know of to repair WE is to reinstall windows. There might be another way, not sure. If you repair IE it should not do any harm. At least you will know that it is working OK. And as I said it might even bring WE back into line.

Your very vague is there no error

This could be a Access/Permissions prob with your user but Hipster is right WinExplorer is very much like I.E. and you should try Repairing I.E. before reinstalling WinXP.

Try this to get round your problem
Try opening I.E. and typing C: in the address bar and hit enter this should open C drive in I.E. not a fix but then you could add C: and D: to your Favorites and you would never need to use Win Explorer again

It shuts down ????????? What your PC or Explorer or just the window?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back